Sunday, April 19, 2015

HOPE

APPs = Applying Positive Practices

Apply the Positive Practice of HOPE.”
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:25
HOPE is “expecting better days; it links the Now with the Not Yet (BKLC)
Dr. Rosché says:  Loosing Hope is a major reason why people seek counseling.  As a psychologist, I often have to hold the hope for my client’s even when the situation they speak up seems hopeless.   Holding Hope when you are not in the situation is a lot easier than when you are a victim of a situation. 
Why is it often difficult to hold hope in a situation?  In psychology, there is a concept called learned helplessness which often happens when there have been so many doors slammed shut in our face that we begin to believe that bad things are doomed to happen to us.  This means that even if a door is wide open for me to escape my station, I will just sit around helplessly because I won’t believe it can ever be positive for me.  I have witnessed this concept in action in my work with youth in urban communities as well s juvenile halls.  For example, if I grew up with out parents, in a community where the only successful occupation as a young man is to be drug dealer or a pimp or as a young woman to use my body for money, then I may not see a scholarship to college, job corps, trade school, a job as an opportunity or a door wide open for me.  I may pass up this escape because I am so use to several doors being shut (i.e. not having parents, being poor, trauma, not feeling loved, betrayal, teachers disliking me, not liking school, etc…). 
How difficult or stressful we perceive a situation makes the situation more difficult to bear.   
This means that gaining hope is a Change of Mindset.
Bishop Clark says you should use the following steps:
1.     Remember who you are in God: You are a Child of the Most High
a.    God loves you and He is all you need.  With Jesus you can make a come back from any and every situation. God can change it around.
2.    Remember what He’s already done
a.    It’s important to look backwards and recall how God stepped in before
b.   It’s important to look what God is doing in the Present. You are still alive breathing, with function of limbs; sound mind, another day and therefore you have another chance.
c.    It’s important to look toward the future that God has for you.  God loved you so much that He gave His only begotten Son. His Son died for you and then resurrected.  Hallelujah! And just as Jesus resurrected. He will resurrect your situation.  Restoration is happening  Pray to the Lord:
“Increase my faith and make it stronger than my doubt.”
3.    Remember the Truth of His Word
·      Romans 8:28 For all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord.
·      Don’t have a cup is half empty mentality which means that you can only see what’s negative in life. 
·      Don’t just have a cup is half full mentality which means that you can see what God is doing but you still notice what is not going right
Have a Cup Runneth Over mentality which means that God is blessing even in the times you feel disappointed, sad, angry, misunderstood, unloved.  There’s a blessing just you wait and see. 




I know it’s WORK and it’s easier to continue to do the same thing over and over again because you and Drama have become such close friends over the years, but break yourself from this friend and introduce yourself to some new friends named Peace, Hope, and Success. Nobody said it would be easy, but God hasn’t brought you this far to LEAVE you. Remember to ask for HIS Guidance in beginning this process. I am here for you too and I’m willing to answer any questions you may have about what hinders your ability to make progress in this area.

Catch the next APP to Download for your life
on the World Hit Gospel Show on 106 KMEL or iHeart radio with
Tinka, Bishop Keith Clark, and Dr. Rosché
at 6 am—10am on Sunday Mornings.
Dr. Rosché
DrRosche@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment